International conference on volunteerism and social transformation #INFOCUS
Geneva, The United Nations*
#INFOCUS Conference is a key event at the United Nations in Geneva dedicated to volunteerism and social transformations (since 2012)
Geneva, The United Nations*
*The United Nations
— is the largest international platform created for maintenance and consolidation of peace and development of cooperation among nations.
The Conference is for people and organisations that generate social innovations, implementing inclusive practices:
- Active longevity (integration of generations and improvement of the quality of life of the older generation)
- Active life without limits (implementation of inclusive programmes, involving people with disabilities)
- Inclusion is a social responsibility of everyone
- Stay human. Creation of an inclusive environment (at schools, at workplaces, y etc.)
- Equal opportunities for development (education, creativity, sports)
- Mobile puppet theatre (a new look, new opportunities for corporate culture)
- IT-tools to create an accessible environment
- How to help parents of special children
- Inclusion through the language of art
- The secrets of longevity
- What unites corporate sector and inclusion
- Connection between generations, and many more
- Expert of the permanent sessions of the United Nations
- Chairwoman of the Organising Committee of the International conference on volunteerism and social transformations #INFOCUS
- Author and mastermind of the international programme "Notebook of Friendship"
- Author and chief producer of the LAMPA International Film Festival of socially oriented short films, videos and social advertising
- Author of the unique inclusive programme "New city "Friendly"
- Participant in the UNV Partnerships Forum (Germany, 2014)
- Member of the General Assembly of the European Volunteer Centre (Italy, 2014)
- Participant of the 53rd Session of the Commission for Social Development of the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) (USA, 2015)
- Since 2005 she has been implementing nationwide, international author's programmes aimed at the development of socially significant initiatives of children and youth, programmes for the socialization of people with disabilities, long-term projects for establishing and promotion of volunteering in Russia and in the world: International inclusive programme "Notebook of Friendship" (the programme is implemented in 47 regions of Russia and 26 countries).
- Since 2006 she has been the organiser of local, regional and international events (International inclusive convention "Notebook of Friendship", International forum of volunteering "Impulse of Kama region", Perm charity season, etc.)
- Letters of gratitude from the Commissioner for Human Rights in the Perm region Tatiana Margolina, from the Ombudsman for children's rights in the Perm region Pavel Mikov, from the Cultural Activities Committee at the United Nations Office at Geneva, from the Chairwoman of the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation Valentina Matviyenko
- Winner of the award "Ambassador of Perm region" (2015)
Hans Jørgen Wiberg
- Since he launched the Be My Eyes application in January 2015, more than 2,000,000 volunteers have signed up to assist blind and low-vision users. Be My Eyes users can request assistance in over 180 languages making the app the biggest online community for blind and low-vision people as well as one of the largest micro-volunteering platforms in the world.
- The Be My Eyes story started in Denmark in 2012 with Hans Jørgen Wiberg, a Danish furniture craftsman, who is visually impaired himself. Through his work at ‘The Danish Association of the Blind’, he recognized that blind or low-vision people often needed a little assistance to solve everyday tasks. He believed that the technology of video calls could be used to visually assist blind or low-vision individuals, without them having to rely on friends and family, but using a network of volunteers.
- In April 2012, Hans Jørgen presented his idea at a Danish startup event, where he got connected with a team that was ready to make Be My Eyes a reality. On January 15th 2015, the Be My Eyes app was released for iOS, and within 24 hours the app had more than 10,000 users. Since the release of the iOS app, an Android version has been in high demand. The Android version was finally released on October 5th 2017. In December 2017 Be My Eyes was chosen as Google Play Best Apps of 2017 in the categories; “Most Innovative”, “Best Daily Helper” and “Best Hidden Gem”, and in May 2018 Be My Eyes won the Google Play Award 2018 for “Best Accessibility Award”.
- In February 2018, the feature Specialized Help was launched with Microsoft as first partner company. Specialized Help enables blind and low-vision users to connect with official company representatives for accessible and efficient customer support.
- Founder and chairman of social enterprise “Generations Bridge Germany”, author of one of the fundamental conceptions of support and care between generations in Germany.
- "Generations Bridge Germany" is the first public company in Germany to connect generations. It initiates, directs and accompanies regular, long-term meetings between residents of institutions for elderly care, on the one hand, and kindergartens, schoolchildren, adolescents, on the other hand. The aim is to sustainably improve the quality of life and the joy of all stakeholders.
- Krumbach regularly conducts lectures and panel discussions to present his conception as a response to the challenge of demographic development and as the best practice for social entrepreneurs.
- In August 2012 on behalf of the Federal Government of Germany Horst Krumbach took part in "Open-End Working Groupon Ageing" of the United Nations in New York as an expert and presented his conception to the government delegates of the States Members of the UN.
- Laureate of the "Transatlantischen Ideenwettberwerbs USable" of the Körber Foundation, Hamburg, 2010
- Winner of "Startsocial" under the patronage of German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Berlin, 2011
- Winner of the Young Leaders Award from the BMW Foundation Herbert Quandt, Munich, 2012
- First place in "Erfahrung entdeckt Entdecker 2012". Wege aus der Einsamkeit e.V, Hamburg, 2013
- First place at the "Aspirin Sozialpreis 2013" of the Bayer Cares Foundation, Leverkusen, 2013
- In 2013 Horst Krumbach was elected to the Ashoka Fellowship, an organisation located in about 70 countries and supporting the social entrepreneurs who innovatively, pragmatically and in the long term advocate for significant, positive changes in society.
Feel the atmosphere of the Conference: see the feedbacks and photos of past years
The registration for the Conference is held until May 6, 2019.
Registration is free of charge. All expenses on travel, accommodation and catering shall be paid by conference participants on their own.